Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Installation, Setup & Configuration » Mac OSX install for end users

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Mac OSX install for end users
Aaron Wilder
Member #4,495
April 2004

I am currently running OSX 10.2.8 and I'm NOT a programmer maybe some day but for now all I want to to is install Allegro and play games made with allegro.How do I do this? The readme.txt said to "see docs/build/macos.txt"
But I don't have this path in may allegro folder or this doc on my computer for that matter. Any help would be great....

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

You don't need to install Allegro to play Allegro games (unless you want to build them from scratch, which I suppose is possible since there probably aren't many Mac binaries). :)

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Aaron Wilder
Member #4,495
April 2004

well I'm tring to play a game called Atanks and it said I needed allegro to run

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I checked Allegro's homepage. It doesn't have end-user binaries for MacOS X? ...why?

Perhaps they forgot, and we should mention it on the dev-list. The only other case I could imagine, would be that MacOS X doesn't support DLLs. Which makes no sense whatsoever.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

lillo
Member #303
April 2000

The only reason there hasn't been an enduser package of Allegro is because noone ever asked for it... until now.

Hopefully this will be addressed soon.

Meanwhile, you can compile both Allegro and then the game yourself; it should not be hard, just check out the install documentation for both them.

--
Angelo Mottola
lillo AT users DOT sourceforge DOT net
Enhanced Creations++

Go to: