Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » ARGH!!! Avatars!

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
ARGH!!! Avatars!
CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Everybody is changing their avatars and now I can't tell who's who and I keep thinking for some strange reason the 23 is BD with the new avatar and the only avatar that I actually don't mind (out of the one's that changed) is TF's cause it's still in theme and 23's isn't bad either and I'm not just talking about you 3, Bobby changed his as well, so if it weren't for his writing style I'd confuse him as well and now I have to go change my avatar probably to something someone else is already using and that reminds me that LSD's new nick thing and stuff is really confusing me and I really need to breathe now so I just have to say that everything is going too dang fast and I think we should limit avatar and nick changes to one person per week thank you and goodnight!

/me passes out from lack of air.

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

When Tomasu changed to Guu, I kept mistaking him for Inphernic. But I'd rather mix people up than live in a boring world without avatars or with static avatars. :P

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

I'm dumb!. Like my new avatar? Maybe I'll change it right now, i have another one ready! ;D

the_y_man
Member #1,770
December 2001

my avatar has always been the same, vant be bothered to change mine

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

I always said mine would reflect my current project. Optimus was just a placeholder :)

If anyone cares, this avatar is an old model I made in Moray, rendered in POV-Ray. I'm rather proud of the springs ;D

Quote:

When Tomasu changed to Guu, I kept mistaking him for Inphernic.

Heh; you too? He's unmistakable now; there's only one moose!!

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

phate
Member #2,235
April 2002

so there is this text above that avatar and its called a name :o

-----
For my next trick... ah fark it.
[Website][Twitter]

IronBob
Member #3,248
February 2003

no images yet on my project for an avatar. just some code for classes im still setting up. when i was making my desktop wallpaper i thought it would be good to change my wallpaper so i just put my autoshape on an 80x80 image with black background. then it was just a few tiny blending style effects.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

For awhile I was mistaking 23's avatar with Harbringer ZERO.. because they look so similar out of the corner of my eye. ;D

So don't use the similar colors! ;)

..that reminds me, I should change my avatar.

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Irrelevant
Member #2,382
May 2002

I've had mine for too long, as well.

I last changed mine at Hallowe'en, hence the vampire + inevitable lightning bolt. :)

PS: [wisedonkey]Matthew, in case you read this, your spellchecker doesn't recognise "Hallowe'en". And I even looked it up to check I got it right. So there. :P [/wisedonkey]

<code>//----------------//</code>Here be l33tsp33x0rz.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

:o

Guess I don't know my own strength.

really though, I changed my avatar a week or two ago... Its been a while anyway.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

If it was that long ago, my cache didn't tell me untill a few days ago... Then again, I was at a friends house when I noticed BD's avatar, and when I got home I cleared my cache and saw it. But I thought I saw that one since, like, yesterday.

[edit]
Okay, new avatar for me. 5 points to the first to get where it's from. It's glaringly obvious. In fact, make it 3 points.

[edit]
BTW, I like the new avatar, and I love the sig, Derezo.

[edit]
Maybe I should just make a new reply. This one is so obvious, in fact, that I think I'll change it after somebody guesses it. Actually, I just like the new one.

--

Synapse Jumps
Member #3,073
December 2002

No! Derezo, you'r icon NEEDS to be something from the Simpsons! Oh... how the mighty have fallen...

No! Now CGames changed his WHILE I posted! WTF!?

IronBob
Member #3,248
February 2003

how can people guess where that picture is from. its too bright for you to see the contents.

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

It's a detail of BP's avatar ::)

--
sig used to be here

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Quote:

Derezo, you'r icon NEEDS to be something from the Simpsons!

Figured I'd break the vicious cycle :P
I was going to.. but after watching 4 episodes and finding little to rip.. decided against it.

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

See? I told you it was bleedingly obvious. I shoulda made it 2 points... Oh well. I'm trying to get some surrealist art from my graphics dude.

[edit]
To be more specific, It was a 14x14 section of BD's, which I scaled using the GIMP to 80*80. You judge wether that was a good job or bad.

Looking back, I think I'd rather have used phate's, but I had already taken the screenshot (which was originally for another part of the desktop).

--

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Derezo's is fitting. :) CGP's old one wasn't my favorite (just a bunch of junk :P) so let's see a new one!

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

I really like the new one. But the old one wasn't a bunch of junk, it was a demonstration of what I use my computer for! I had my browser, email client, editor, IM program, and some other stuff.

--

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

so your new one isn't a bunch of Gnome icons? My browser seems to think thats your newest one.. hmmm...

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

ctrl + F5 silly b00b! :P

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Yep. Good ol' IE.

TF: Right now mine is BD's head. Tonight it'll be something else though.

--

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Yeah. See I did that several times (edit: And I'm not using IE :P). :P Maybe its my ISP doing some weird caching. I do know that Telus blows. Really really large chunks. The flippen telephone company can't even keep its DSL service stable.. I'm worried what will happen when they finish the migration of the regular telephone network over to IP... Be afraid. Be very afraid. And don't worry if you all of a sudden can't get in contact with anyone from alberta or British Columbia. Its just Telus being a PITA.

--

jhuuskon
Member #302
April 2000

Just to distinguish myself from the anime fanboy majority of this community, i've started cycling avatars..

This weeks one isn't so blatantly obvious this time. (the model isn't visible in this picture)

So umm... try to guess what it is.. i suppose.. the winner wins the big virtual penis i have here for you to wave an earn respect with. ;D

You don't deserve my sig.

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

I'm dumb!! I didn't look at it closely until now. I thought it was an alarm clock!

--

jhuuskon
Member #302
April 2000

It was the badge of a Peugeot 405 Mi16. :P :)

You don't deserve my sig.

Go to: